Sunday, July 19, 2020

Cooprider 5 - Round 8

Stalker!
Finally, we made it to the final new house of round 8. This one is actually an apartment with only one resident, Beetle Cooprider. He is the youngest of Kricket Cooprider and the Greek house placeholder, Brad Robins. He has always kind of flown under the radar and stayed out of the drama his family has found itself in. He is very shy and very single. 

Rachel:  Welcome Beetle. Looks like you're checking out the same complex your half brother Centepede and his family are in.
Beetle: Yeah. There are lots of vacancies here.
 Rachel: Well check them out. See if you like anything.
 Beetle: I'll take this one. It's right below Centepede. Maybe we can get to know each other a bit. We don't have much of a relationship at this point.
Rachel: Sounds like a good plan.
 Rachel: Getting a roommate?
Beetle: Yeah. I could use the company and help with the bills.
Rachel: She seems nice.
Rachel: I hope you have better luck than your brother did. His roommate moved out when the cat had kittens.
Beetle: I will probably be away a lot, but thanks for the tip. I won't get a cat. 
 Rachel: Quick Beetle, it's Inara Tam. Say Hi. Maybe you'll hit it off.
 Rachel: She thinks he's funny. That's a good sign.
 Rachel: Hum, no bolts. Bummer. Um, but what's going on with you and M&M?
Beetle: I'm not sure.
Rachel: Well, see if you can patch things up.
Beetle: Good idea. I don't want any drama.
 Beetle: Thanks for coming along with Eros to see my new apartment.
 Beetle: I am so sorry for the troubles we've had. I hope we can be friends some time in the future.
Rachel: I bet that works.
 Rachel: I don't know if he was hoping for a love connection with his roommate but yawning when she's talking is not a good start.
 Lilith: Oh Beetle, your brother and I are so happy you've decided to move in downstairs! So is La Shawn your girlfriend?
Beetle: Ah, no, just a roommate.
Lilith: Maybe you could try the Matchmaker. I've heard  some people have had good luck.
Beetle: I'll think about it.
 Rachel: Looks like he's taking Lilith's advice.
 

 Rachel: So, what do you think?
Beetle: *shrugs* She's nice and all.
*It a little while passes. They talk and joke but there really isn't much there.
 Rachel: Do you think you'll go out again?
Beetle: Nah. There aren't really any fireworks. The only problem is she isn't leaving.
Rachel: What?
Beetle: Yeah, she's still here. I've tried to ask her nicely to leave but she won't go.
 *The next evening*
Rachel: Nice job Beetle! Has Tara left yet?
 Beetle: Nope. She's still here. She just wonders around.
Centepede: Hey Bro! Its so great to have you here! Data loves seeing his uncle Beetle everyday!
Beetle: Thanks! It's nice to get to know him.
Centepede: I should tell you, we might not stay in the complex very long. Sometimes we invite people over and they never leave. Plus there isn't a lot of space for the three of us.
Beetle: oh my gosh! I'm having the same stalker problem. I had a blind date and she won't leave.
 Rachel: Hey, it's Sunshine Forsythe! She is single.
Beetle: Yeah and a  teenager!
Rachel: She's going to college any minute and you guys became friends as kids. She's only a little younger than you.
Beetle: Well, it's creepy right now.
Rachel: That's fair. 
 Rachel: Glad you guys are best friends at least.
 Rachel:  Wait, what just happened? I wasn't watching for a minute!
Beetle: She gave me a romantic hug.
 Beetle: It seems weird for a stalker.
Rachel: Yeah. I've gotta go. Keep your mind open about Sunshine. It's possible she could introduce you to someone while she's in college. I'm routing for you bud.
Points: 1 for Money

No comments: